Projector Setup at Institute Menezes Braganza
Projector Setup at Institute Menezes Braganza Panjim Goa
Institute Menezes Braganza is a cultural institution set up by the Portuguese in colonial times, during the late 19th century. It was taken over by the Government of Goa and continues to play a role in cultural activities of Goa. Following the end of Portuguese rule in Goa in 1961 by Indian Army action, the institute was renamed after Luís de Menezes Braganza, a campaigner against colonial rule. It continued to get official government support. In 1997, in a step which was questioned by some, the Government of Goa took over the institution, and re-established it as a society under the Indian Registration of Societies Act, 1860. According to official documents, its aims are to "focus mainly on the promotion of activities in the fields of Language, Literature, Art & Culture in Goa". It also "primarily seeks to promote Goan talent in allied areas and to meet the versatile cultural interests of Goan society as a whole." The Institute Menezes Braganza, (Govt. of Goa Undertaking), Directorate of Art & Culture, Government of Goa is a prominent renowned institution of long standing repute in Goa, promotes language/ literature, art and culture in the state.